TRIO Student Support Services (SSS) is a grant program that is funded by the U.S. Department of Education to provide higher education opportunities to historically underrepresented students. TRIO SSS was created in 1965 under the Title IV of the Higher Education Act and is one of eight federal TRIO programs. Our TRIO SSS program has been providing guidance and support to students since 2005 and is the only one of its kind in the Northwest Region of Pennsylvania.
TRIO SSS Learning Lab is available exclusively for program participants
Location: Hanley Library 201
Hours: Sunday: 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Monday - Thursday: 8:30 am - 9:00 pm
- Algebrator for Students
- College Chemistry Tutor
- Organic Chemistry Tutor
- Visible Body-Anatomy & Physiology
- PEPID RN Student Clinical Companion
Resources and Services available in Learning Lab
- Four desktop computers
- Two colored printers
- Four individual scanners
- One book scanner
- TRIO SSS Peer Mentor/Success Coaches have scheduled hours for TRIO SSS participants
In order to be eligible, a student must be:
- First generation - neither parent has a Bachelor's Degree (4-year) and/or
- Income eligible and/or
- Have a documented disability and registered with the Disability Resources and Services at UPB
Other eligibility Qualifications - Student:
- demonstrates an academic need,, as determined by UPB; in order to pursue successful postsecondary education
- is a citizen, national or permanent resident of the United States
- is enrolled at the grantee institution or accepted for enrollment for the next academic semester at the grantee institution
The TRIO Student Support Services program encourages potentially eligible and newly admitted or current University of Pittsburgh at Bradford students to apply.
TRIO SSS fosters an institutional climate supportive of success in postsecondary education for homeless youths and students who are in foster care or aging out of foster care.
To apply, please download and complete the TRIO SSS Application (CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE) which assists us in identifying students who meet the federal grant eligibility guidelines. Applications are also available at the main TRIO SSS Office in 231 Hanley Library.
Applications are accepted and processed throughout the year. Eligible students who submit applications after our program has reached capacity (approximately 160 students) will be placed on a waiting list.
The TRIO program offers students an opportunity to adjust and progress in their studies while adjusting to campus life.Unknown, a writing major from Bradford