Incoming Students

What you need to know before coming to campus.

It's Time to Start Strong - Fall 2023 New Student Orientation

Welcome, Panthers!

We know many of you are looking forward to your orientation experience and getting prepared to come to campus. And we cannot wait to greet you! 

Can’t wait to get started at Pitt-Bradford? Learn about the optional pre-orientation first-year experiences we created just for you.

During Orientation, new students learn about life on campus, meet with student services, and make friends before starting their first semester. Information, resources, and preparation are key!

Important Dates

  • Thursday, August 24, 2023: Resident Student Move-In
  • Thursday, August 24 – Saturday, August 26, 2023: Our formal NSO for all new first-year, transfer and international students will commence on Thursday, August 24 in the evening and conclude late Saturday, August 26.
  • Monday, August 28, 2023: Classes start for the Fall 2023 semester

Be sure to check this site regularly as more information and registration will be made available later this spring.

And, if you need an extra helping hand along the way, Student Affairs will be your go-to for support.  You can email us at

Incoming Student Information


When you were admitted into a program at Pitt-Bradford, an email was sent to with instructions on how to activate your account and get your log on ID and password. If you do not see this email, check your spam or junk email folders or call the university's Help Desk at 412-624-HELP(4357).


To receive an offer of financial aid, you must first complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA can be completed any time after Oct. 1 of each year. We recommend you apply as soon as possible, as the university begins awarding financial aid in December.

Please use the University of Pittsburgh code: 008815 to ensure that the University of Pittsburgh receives your FAFSA information.

Review your Financial Aid Checklist.


Students new to the university of Pittsburgh at Bradford will be working with the Academic Advising Center for their academic onboarding. All new first-time students are required to take placement assessments prior to their course enrollment at Pitt-Bradford. These assessments are used to help you and your academic advisor understand your preparation for college-level courses. Students will be assessed in the areas of Math and English through the Accuplacer platform.

All new students will be invited to take the placement exams remotely or by coming to campus for the exams throughout the spring and summer 2023 terms. You can register to take placement testing here

Please watch your emails for further information from the Academic Success and Advising Office. 

Accuplacer Testing FAQ

Why do I have to be assessed?

The university of Pittsburgh at Bradford requires that all first-time freshman students must complete an assessment for placement into courses. Based on assessment a student may be required to initially enroll in one or more developmental courses in order to prepare for college level course work. Our top priority is for our students to be successful. 

What type of test method is used? 

Reading, math and writing assessments are administered, biology if applicable. 

How long will the ACCUPLACER testing take?

The Accuplacer reading and math tests are un-timed and the writing test is a 50-minute timed test. Plan on approximately three hours. 

What does it cost to be assessed?

There is no fee.

What do I need for ACCUPLACER testing on campus? 

Please bring a photo ID

  • No cell phones permitted in the testing rooms (we will hold them t the door)
  • No calculators (calculators are online for testing purposes)
  • We will have scrap paper and pencils for you

Should I study for the ACCUPLACER? 

It is beneficial to study. Access resources on the ACCUPLACER Test Prep Page

Do I still need to test if I have taken college courses before? 

The university of Pittsburgh at Bradford requires that all first-time freshman students complete an assessment for placement into courses. If you have earned credit for English Composition and or College Algebra, Pre- Calculus (have a grade of C- or better) you will get credit for that class. You will not have to take that class again regardless of the placement exam results. Our top priority is for our students to be successful.

What if I have a diagnosed disability and need testing accommodations? 

Students with documented disabilities need to contact the Office of Advising to arrange for special accommodations.

When will my ACCUPLACER results be available? 

Some results are available immediately, while some results may take up to 7 days from the date of your assessment. The proctor will let you know when they are available and provide you with next steps, upon the completion of testing.

How will I get my ACCUPLACER results?

You can print off or download results if available. If scores aren’t readily available the proctor will make not and send to you at a later time.

When can I register for classes? 

Upon completion of your testing session you will be informed about registration and when next steps will happen. 


Before you start your application, here are some things you should know.

How to Access the Housing Application: 

  • Sign into
  • Search “Bradford Campus Housing Portal.” 
  • Select the “New Student Application.” 
  • Complete the Application. Please make sure you scroll all the way to the bottom of the meal plan selection page and click “Finish” to go to the contract. 
  • Electronically sign your contract by entering your student ID number (7 digit number) in the box provided.
  • You will receive a confirmation page and email when you have completed the whole process. 

If you live more than 60 miles from campus, you will need to live on campus. Also, you must live on campus your first two years at Pitt-Bradford. Many students live on campus all four years since it enables them to be close to classes and activities. If you are living with a relative who is not your parent, we ask that you provide that information for verification.

As a first-year student, you will live in either Livingston Alexander House or Rice House, one of our suite-style apartments. As general rule, first-year students do not live in single rooms. If you have a medical issue or concern that may warrant a single room, please contact the Disability Resources and Services Office to request accommodations. Our hope is that by having a roommate, you’ll navigate your first year on campus with who also are experiencing it at the same time. 

If you have someone in mind you would like to live with, as long as you both have completed your applications and deposit, you can request on your application to live with them on your application. When you arrive at the Roommate section of the application, you are able to search for them and send an invite to join your roommate group. You must have their exact name (Michael, not Mike, for example), as well as their Pitt email address.

If you do not know who you would like to room with, we have a roommate matching system that we will match students based on the preferences you shared on your application.

At the beginning of each semester, you and your roommates or housemates will complete a Roommate Living Agreement, which are mutually agreed upon terms regarding guests, cleaning, etc. Your Resident Assistant will help you develop your Roommate Living Agreement. 

You can choose your meal plan at the end of your housing application. We offer a variety of options to enjoy the all-you-can-eat items in the KOA Dining Room, the Commons Café, Qdoba, and Starbucks. There are meal exchanges with the Commons Café and Qdoba permitted at certain times of day. You may change your meal plans up to then end of the second week of each semester and between semesters.

If you live in a suite, you’ll have a kitchenette. You’re permitted to bring a coffeepot, with an automatic shutoff, a crockpot and a blender. Please review our list of what we provide that you don’t need to bring to campus.

Please review our list of what we provide that you don’t need to bring to campus.


Students are responsible for purchasing their textbooks each semester. The required books and supplies for each class you are enrolled in may be found by searching the Panther Shop.


Vaccines greatly reduce the risk of becoming seriously ill from – or spreading – common diseases. They’re the best way to protect yourself and your community from certain preventable diseases. We require all students to provide documentation of immunization against measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR); chicken pox (Varicella); and COVID-19. For students living on campus, we also require vaccination for Meningitis ACYW (meningococcal conjugate vaccine).

Enter and Upload your Immunization Record for MMR, Varicella, Meningitis and Covid19
 Students may be granted an exemption from immunization, if needed. If you need to complete an exemption request, please contact Health Services at 814-362-5272 or

Before requesting an exemption, please review the following recommended resources from the CDC:

Reasons for Adults to be Vaccinated
COVID-19 Vaccines Work
Myths and Facts about COVID-19 Vaccines


As a new student, you’ll need to get your ID card. Upload your photo here and follow the instructions.
You can submit a photo for your ID at any time. You will receive an email letting you know if your photo has been approved or rejected. If you’re having trouble uploading your photo, contact Panther Services at
Before uploading your photo, please make sure:

  • •You are facing forward and the photo isn’t too close.
  • Your photo background is a solid color.
  • Both of your shoulders are visible in the photo.
  • You are the only one in the photo.
  • You’re not wearing a hat.
  • You have no words or images that cover your face.

You cannot use your driver’s license for your student ID photo.  

You can pick up your ID from either Residential Life and Housing or at the campus information desk in the Frame-Westerberg Commons. 

Other things you need to know about your student ID: 

  1. Your first ID is free, if you lose it, the replacement fee is $25, which will be charged to your student account.
  2. Your ID is good for the entire time you are taking classes. You will not need to get a new ID each year.
  3. You will still be able to eat in the dining hall without your ID. Metz, our food service provider, keeps a list of students’ names who have meal plans. If you cannot find your ID after a couple of days, we suggest you get a replacement since your Shop and Flex funds are on your ID. (Panther Services will check to make sure there has been no activity on your lost card.)
  4. Once a new card is printed, the old card is deactivated and no longer valid.  
  5. If your residence hall – other than Livingston Alexander House and Reid-Coit Residence Hall -- requires you swipe your card to enter, you will need to get your new ID card encoded in the Housing Office, which is located on the second floor of the Commons.
  6. If the magstripe is no longer working or damaged, Panther Services can replace the card at no cost if you return the damaged card. You can request a replacement for your damaged card by emailing or requesting it on the ID upload photo page. You do not have to submit a new photo if you want to use the photo on file.
  7. Your replacement card will be placed in your student mailbox in a cream-colored envelope. You can place the damaged card in the same envelope and turn back into the mail clerk who will put the ID in the Panther Services mailbox.  
  8. All photos should be submitted at least one week before you arrive on campus. The Housing office will need to encode your card so you can enter your residence hall. You will not be able to move into your room without an ID card.

Prepare to pay your semester balance. Fall due date is Sept. 13th.

  • Fall charges are assessed in July, and Balance Due Notifications are emailed to students and their Authorized Users when there is a balance due on the student account.  
  • To access your account summary, go to or select PittPAY after logging into your Pitt portal. The due date will be listed in PittPAY (fall 2022 balances need to be paid in full by Sept. 14th to avoid late fees).
  • If you have questions, email the Enrollment Services Office ( or call 814-362-7602 or 814-872-1787.

If you will not be able to pay your balance in full by the due date, you may want to enroll in our Payment Plan.

Our optional Payment Plan is designed to help you spread out the balance due on your account over a series of installments. The date you enroll in a Payment Plan determines the number of installments. You may enroll in a plan as early as April and start making payments in May. If you start in May, you may spread out your payments over six installments. The last date to enroll in a fall payment plan is August 4th.

Payment Plan installments will be automatically deducted on the 5th of each month from the bank account or credit card you specify when enrolling in the plan through your PittPAY account. There is a $45 fee to enroll in the payment plan. 


If you are planning to play on one of our 14 NCAA Division III sports and have any questions, please contact your head coach or visit our athletics website.

Before you come to campus this fall, you will need to:

  • Be enrolled full-time (12 credit hours) 
  • Complete all the necessary medical/physical paperwork
  • Be under the insurance of your parent/guardian or have your own supplemental insurance during your season of participation

If you’re playing a fall sport – golf, soccer, tennis or volleyball – you’ll report to campus seven to 10 days before classes start.

If you’re playing a winter or spring sport -- basketball, bowling, wrestling, baseball, swimming or softball – you will report at the same time as the rest of the student body.


Once you have committed to Pitt-Bradford, you will receive an email from the Office of International Services (OIS) from the Pittsburgh campus to complete the process for your I-20/DS-2019 documents.  For more information on the I-20/DS-2019 and F-1/J-1 visa process please visit the OIS – New Student Information webpage.

After you receive your I-20/DS-2019, you need to complete these important steps:

  • The University of Pittsburgh requires that all international students maintain medical health insurance coverage while they attend Pitt – please review OIS’ Health Insurance Requirements for F-1 and J-1 students for details on how to satisfy this requirement.
  • Submit all required required immunizations. All required vaccinations should be administered before traveling to the US.
  • Pay the Form I-901 SEVIS fee (NOTE: students who are transferring their SEVIS records from a different school do NOT need to repay the SEVIS Fee.)
  • Schedule a VISA interview at your local U.S. Embassy:
  • Complete OIS’ Orientation and Immigration Check-In requirements after arriving in the U.S.
  • More information will be provided from the Office of International Services and the Pitt-Bradford Admissions Office as you move through the process.  Be sure to check your email regularly.
  • If you have further questions about the processes above, please email OIS at

PittNet is a high-speed, multi-service network that gives you access to university computing resources, the Internet, and external research networks. All students, faculty, and staff can connect to the network.

You can connect to our wireless network, called WIRELESS-PITTNET, which is accessible in all of our buildings as well as buildings on other Pitt campus. You can join our wireless network on a computer, phone or tablet.

If you want to connect your smart TV or gaming console, you will to connect to PITT-GAMING. More information can be found at

You can also access free software on, including:

  • Microsoft Office 365
  • Microsoft Windows
  • MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
  • Adobe Creative Cloud
  • MatLAB
  • SPSS
  • …and much more.

All software that is required from you for class can also be found on our computing lab computers on campus and also in the Virtual Computing Lab.

Our CTM technicians on campus can help troubleshoot your desktop, laptop, smartphone, tablet, etc. This includes making repairs, removing viruses and connecting to the campus network.