Incoming Students

What you need to know before coming to campus.

We look forward to welcoming you to campus and are here to support you on every step of your Pitt-Bradford journey.

New Student Orientation

Orientation is an exciting and educational experience designed to make sure you get off to the right start during your first year at Pitt-Bradford. That means doing well academically and socially, becoming familiar with academic programs and student support services, and discovering the many out-of-class activities that Pitt-Bradford has to offer. 

New student orientation is required, whether you are new to college or a transfer student. Orientation gives you the opportunity to get to know other students, help you understand necessary policies and procedures, and enable you to become familiar with faculty, staff, activities, and services on campus.

Until our next orientation, please check out our virtual student orientation

Family Orientation 

While students are participating in their own workshops, you’ll be able to attend panel discussions led by professionals in academic and student affairs to learn about the many resources we use to ensure the well-being of our students and encourage them to achieve.  

Incoming Student Information

We hope you’ll find this information useful as you prepare to join us this fall.


When you were admitted into a program at Pitt-Bradford, an email was sent to with instructions on how to activate your account and get your log on ID and password. If you do not see this email, check your spam or junk email folders or call the university's Help Desk at 412-624-HELP(4357).


To receive an offer of financial aid, you must first complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA can be completed any time after Oct. 1 of each year. We recommend you apply as soon as possible, as the university begins awarding financial aid in December.

Please use the University of Pittsburgh code: 008815 to ensure that the University of Pittsburgh receives your FAFSA information.

Review your Financial Aid Checklist.


As a first-year student, you will be pre-registered for classes based on your applied major. Your schedule, which will be preliminary, will consist of major core courses: English, math and general education courses.

We want you to have a successful start to your academic career. If you think you should be placed in a higher level course, you will need to complete placement testing to be considered for any higher level placement. Placement exams, which are optional, can be completed remotely or in-person on scheduled days through the Academic Advising Center. You will receive an email to your Pitt email account requesting you to complete the New Student Survey.  Information collected from the survey will assist the Academic Advising Center staff in contacting you regarding the optional placement exam and finalizing your schedule.   
Should you have any questions please contact Stacey Colosimo,

If you are a transfer student, you will be contacted by an advisor once your transfer evaluation has been completed. The advisor will assist you in selecting and enrolling in your courses for the semester.  
Submit the following to the Admissions Office for review by the Registrar. 

  • AP scores
  • College transcripts if you are a transfer student
  • Grades for all completed courses you took while enrolled in a high school dual-enrollment program if you’re a first-year student 
  • Official final high school transcript, with your graduation date, to complete you student record.

Send your final transcripts, AP scores and/or college transcripts to:

University of Pittsburgh at Bradford
Admissions Office, Hanley Library
300 Campus Drive
Bradford, PA 16701


Before you start your application, here are some things you should know.

How to Access the Housing Application: 

  • Sign into
  • Search “Bradford Campus Housing Portal.” 
  • Select the “New Student Application.” 
  • Complete the Application. Please make sure you scroll all the way to the bottom of the meal plan selection page and click “Finish” to go to the contract. 
  • Electronically sign your contract by entering your student ID number (7 digit number) in the box provided.
  • You will receive a confirmation page and email when you have completed the whole process. 

If you live more than 60 miles from campus, you will need to live on campus. Also, you must live on campus your first two years at Pitt-Bradford. Many students live on campus all four years since it enables them to be close to classes and activities. If you are living with a relative who is not your parent, we ask that you provide that information for verification.

As a first-year student, you will live in either Livingston Alexander House or Rice House, one of our suite-style apartments. As general rule, first-year students do not live in single rooms. If you have a medical issue or concern that may warrant a single room, please contact the Disability Resources and Services Office to request accommodations. Our hope is that by having a roommate, you’ll navigate your first year on campus with who also are experiencing it at the same time. 

If you have someone in mind you would like to live with, as long as you both have completed your applications and deposit, you can request on your application to live with them on your application. When you arrive at the Roommate section of the application, you are able to search for them and send an invite to join your roommate group. You must have their exact name (Michael, not Mike, for example), as well as their Pitt email address.

If you do not know who you would like to room with, we have a roommate matching system that we will match students based on the preferences you shared on your application.

At the beginning of each semester, you and your roommates or housemates will complete a Roommate Living Agreement, which are mutually agreed upon terms regarding guests, cleaning, etc. Your Resident Assistant will help you develop your Roommate Living Agreement. 

You can choose your meal plan at the end of your housing application. We offer a variety of options to enjoy the all-you-can-eat items in the KOA Dining Room, the Commons Café, Qdoba, and Starbucks. There are meal exchanges with the Commons Café and Qdoba permitted at certain times of day. You may change your meal plans up to then end of the second week of each semester and between semesters.

If you live in a suite, you’ll have a kitchenette. You’re permitted to bring a coffeepot, with an automatic shutoff, a crockpot and a blender. Please review our list of what we provide that you don’t need to bring to campus.



Learn more about the required immunization records and how to submit them to our campus Health Services.

To return your health forms, you’ll need to log in to the Health Services Patient Portal and upload the forms.

If you are unable to upload, fax the records to 814-362-7514 or mail to:

University of Pittsburgh at Bradford
Health Services
300 Campus Drive
Bradford, PA 16701

You will need to have all of the required vaccines before you arrive on campus. 

If you are unable to find your immunization records, you have a few options. You can get re-immunized or have a blood test to determine your immunity to measles, mumps, rubella or chicken pox. If your blood test indicates you are not immune, you will need to be re-immunized. 

If you do not have a record of the meningococcal vaccine (at age 16 or older), you will need to be re-immunized.

We respect the confidentiality of your health information, and it is our ongoing commitment to ensure that it is protected. For more information, our full confidentiality and privacy policies.


As a new student, you’ll need to get your ID card. Upload your photo here and follow the instructions.
You can submit a photo for your ID at any time. You will receive an email letting you know if your photo has been approved or rejected. If you’re having trouble uploading your photo, contact Panther Services at
Before uploading your photo, please make sure:

  • •    You are facing forward and the photo isn’t too close.
  • •    Your photo background is a solid color.
  • •    Both of your shoulders are visible in the photo.
  • •    You are the only one in the photo.
  • •    You’re not wearing a hat.
  • •    You have no words or images that cover your face.

You cannot use your driver’s license for your student ID photo.  

You can pick up your ID from either Residential Life and Housing or at the campus information desk in the Frame-Westerberg Commons. 

Other things you need to know about your student ID: 

  1. Your first ID is free, if you lose it, the replacement fee is $25, which will be charged to your student account.
  2. Your ID is good for the entire time you are taking classes. You will not need to get a new ID each year.
  3. You will still be able to eat in the dining hall without your ID. Metz, our food service provider, keeps a list of students’ names who have meal plans. If you cannot find your ID after a couple of days, we suggest you get a replacement since your Shop and Flex funds are on your ID. (Panther Services will check to make sure there has been no activity on your lost card.)
  4. Once a new card is printed, the old card is deactivated and no longer valid.  
  5. If your residence hall – other than Livingston Alexander House and Reid-Coit Residence Hall -- requires you swipe your card to enter, you will need to get your new ID card encoded in the Housing Office, which is located on the second floor of the Commons.
  6. If the magstripe is no longer working or damaged, Panther Services can replace the card at no cost if you return the damaged card. You can request a replacement for your damaged card by emailing or requesting it on the ID upload photo page. You do not have to submit a new photo if you want to use the photo on file.
  7. Your replacement card will be placed in your student mailbox in a cream-colored envelope. You can place the damaged card in the same envelope and turn back into the mail clerk who will put the ID in the Panther Services mailbox.  
  8. All photos should be submitted at least one week before you arrive on campus. The Housing office will need to encode your card so you can enter your residence hall. You will not be able to move into your room without an ID card.

Prepare to pay your semester balance. Fall due date is Sept. 15.

  • Fall charges are assessed in July, and Balance Due Notifications are emailed to students and their Authorized Users when there is a balance due on the student account.  
  • To access your account summary, go to or select PittPAY after logging into your Pitt portal. The due date will be listed in PittPAY (fall 2021 balances need to be paid in full by Sept. 15 to avoid late fees).
  • If you have questions, email the Enrollment Services Office or call 814-362-7602 or 814-872-1787.

If you will not be able to pay your balance in full by the due date, you may want to enroll in our Payment Plan.

Our optional Payment Plan is designed to help you spread out the balance due on your account over a series of installments. The date you enroll in a Payment Plan determines the number of installments. You may enroll in a plan as early as April and start making payments in May. If you start in May, you may spread out your payments over six installments. The last date to enroll in a fall payment plan is August 4th.

Payment Plan installments will be automatically deducted on the 5th of each month from the bank account or credit card you specify when enrolling in the plan through your PittPAY account. There is a $45 fee to enroll in the payment plan. 


If you are planning to play on one of our 14 NCAA Division III sports and have any questions, please contact your head coach or visit our athletics website.

Before you come to campus this fall, you will need to:

  • Be enrolled full-time (12 credit hours) 
  • Complete all the necessary medical/physical paperwork
  • Be under the insurance of your parent/guardian or have your own supplemental insurance during your season of participation

If you’re playing a fall sport – golf, soccer, tennis or volleyball – you’ll report to campus seven to 10 days before classes start.

If you’re playing a winter or spring sport -- basketball, bowling, wrestling, baseball, swimming or softball – you will report at the same time as the rest of the student body.


Once you have committed to Pitt-Bradford, you will receive an email from the Office of International Services from the Pittsburgh campus to complete the process for your I-20 documents.  For more information please visit the Office of International Services.

In addition to the 1-20, you need to complete these important steps:

  • Submit to the Office of International Services a declaration of financial support from the person or agency paying your college expenses.
  • Submit all required health information and received required immunizations. Through the Health portal.
  • Pay the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System fee to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, submit form I-901 and complete other forms as needed. The Office of International Services will instruction you in the process.
  • Schedule a VISA interview at your local U.S. Embassy. The Office of International Services will assist with this process.
  • More information will be provided from the Office of International Services and the Pitt-Bradford Admissions Office as you move through the process.  Be sure to check your email regularly.

PittNet is a high-speed, multi-service network that gives you access to university computing resources, the Internet, and external research networks. All students, faculty, and staff can connect to the network.

You can connect to our wireless network, called WIRELESS-PITTNET, which is accessible in all of our academic buildings as well as buildings on other Pitt campus. You can join our wireless network on a computer, phone or tablet.

If you want to connect your smart TV or gaming console, you will to connect to PITT-GAMING. More information can be found at

You can also access free software on, including:

  • Microsoft Office 365
  • Microsoft Windows 10
  • MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
  • Adobe Creative Cloud
  • MatLAB
  • SPSS
  • …and much more.

All software that is required from you for class can also be found on our computing lab computers on campus.

Our CTM technicians on campus can help troubleshoot your desktop, laptop, smartphone, tablet, etc. This includes making repairs, removing viruses and connecting to the campus network.