• Veterans

  • For the tenth year in a row, we were named a Military Friendly School by G.I. Jobs magazine. The list honors the top colleges, universities and trade schools that are doing the most to embrace America’s veterans as students.

    Our staff, faculty, and students are committed to providing a welcoming atmosphere to all students. Veterans are no exception. Student veterans can and should join the on-campus Vet Club. This club offers vet students a place to meet with like-minded students who have experienced life outside of the classroom. Each fall semester, a Veteran's Day breakfast is held to acknowledge and appreciate those who have served.

    Also, veterans beginning with the graduating class of 2014, wear red, white, and blue cords in recognition for their military service during our graduation ceremony.

    At Pitt-Bradford, we also make sure you have access to all the support you may need in your transition from soldier to student. Please also see our Support Page for links to information and services for our veterans.

    If you have served our country in the Active Duty Military, the Reserves or the National Guard you may be eligible for education benefits. Under certain circumstances, spouses and children of veterans may also be eligible for education benefits. One of our veteran representatives is available to help you file all documentation related to the GI Bill®. You can contact Bob Dilks Jr., director of transfer and nontraditional student recruitment at (814-362-7693) or Melissa Ibanez, director of the financial aid office at or 814-362-7550. Please note that the Veterans Administration may require extra time to process new applications for education benefits. It is very important to begin the application process well in advance of the term in which you are planning to enroll.

    "GI Bill®” is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).  More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at

      Now let's get started.

    1. Apply for admission to Pitt-Bradford
    2. New and transfer students apply to receive your  VA education benefits
    3. Returning students apply to receive your  VA education benefits 
    4. Have your  military experience reviewed  by Pitt-Bradford for possible credit
    5. Verify your enrollment and attendance  for monthly payments.
    6. Fill out the FAFSA, if you need additional financial aid (optional, not required)
    7. Schedule a campus visit
    8. Take advantage of our course scheduling preference for Veteran students.
    9. You can find more information on the University of Pittsburgh veterans disclosure page

    Here are some fact sheet provided by the VA to assist you in understanding your education benefits:

    Chapter 1606 Fact Sheet

    Chapter 1607 Fact Sheet

    Chapter 30 Fact Sheet

    Chapter 31 Fact Sheet

    Chapter 35 Fact Sheet