ResNet is the computer network at the University of Pittsburgh Bradford that allows students to connect to university resources, educational networks and the Internet from the comfort of your dorm room. Each room is outfitted with one network port per bed, providing an "always on" high speed connection to the information you need.
Be sure to check out our FAQ page here
In order to ensure the best quality of service, policies and procedures have been defined that need to be followed by all students who use ResNet. Violation of any policy can result in suspension from ResNet.
- All equipment, including but not limited to the wiring and wall jacks shall not be altered.
- Students may only connect one end user computer device per port.
- Students are not permitted to connect router, switches, hubs or access points to ResNe.t
- Students are expressly prohibited from attaching a server to any network connection in the residence halls.
In addition two detailed policies have been defined regarding Copyright Infringement and Bandwidth Usage:
Copyright Infringement - The entire policy can be viewed here; a summary is below.
- First Offense - Student will have five (5) days to respond and remove the content from their computer.
- Second Offense - Technology Recourses are suspended for up to 100 days/one academic term.
- Third Offense - Technology Recourses Terminated for one academic term and disciplinary suspension (minimum of one term).
- Fourth Offense - Disciplinary Dismissal.
Bandwidth Usage - The entire policy can be viewed here; a summary is below.
- Students may not transfer more the 14 gigabytes of data (inbound or outbound) within a 7 day period.
- The bandwidth will reset every Thursday at midnight.
- When the quota has been exceeded the student's network connection will be terminated for 1 week from the time that the quota was exceeded.
If you are experiencing a problem with your RESNET connection, you can report it here.