If you need help with your writing, our writing consultants in the Writing Center are here to help. We're located in Room 250 of Hanley Library. You can make an appointment through our scheduling system .
Reading Consultations: We now offer consultations with a trained specialist our very own, Dr. Biodun Ogundayo. Dr. O is available three days per week to all students who need help reading and understanding challenging material in any subject. To schedule an appointment with Dr. O log onto TutorTrac select "Reading Comprehension" and select a time slot.
Monday / Wednesday 9 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Tuesday / Thursday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Friday 9 a.m. to 2:45 p.m.
814-362-7594 (Dr. Weber)
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
What to expect when you come into the Center
- Bring your assignment sheet to the visit.
- Your consultant will ask you questions. Be prepared to discuss your writing.
- Bring your draft at any stage, or just come with ideas you'd like to talk through.
- Visits last 30-60 minutes. Please do not schedule more than two sessions in one day or more than two hours in one week.
Your consultant will help you analyze, among other things
- Organization and Structure
- Citations and References
- Grammar, Punctuation, and Spelling
- Word choice, etc.
We identify and discuss with you your pattern errors so you can begin to become your own best editor and proofreader, too.
See our Mission Statement for further details.