The Greek Council is the governing body for fraternities and sororities at Pitt-Bradford. The council is headed by an executive board of a president, vice president, secretary, treasurer, vp for activities, vp for community service, vp for public relations, sergeant of arms and a member at large (see above for a list of officers and their contact information).
The council coordiantes system-wide community service projects, recommends dates for fall and spring term recruitment and new member orientation, provides educational programs to chapters, sets overall annual goals, conducts Greek Week in the Spring and generally looks out for the long-term welfare of the Greek community.
The council meets on Thursdays from 11-noon in 202 Commons.
If you have a question, you can e-mail Jay Leipheimer, Greek Council president at: email@example.com or Dr. Ron Binder, Advisor firstname.lastname@example.org
Greek Council Goals 2012-2013
- Build more of a sense of community among the Greeks at Pitt-Bradford
- Learn about how we all go about being Greek
- Attend each other’s events
- Cooperate with each other more
- Support each other
- Come together more than just Greek Week
- Raise awareness of Greeks at Pitt-Bradford
Prove quality campus-wide programming on controversial subjects to raise awareness of issues
- Promote Greek Life more
- Make Greeks more visible on campus
- Produce more service for the campus and community
- Be involved more on campus
Raise the academic success of Greeks
Secure resources for the Greek Council to carry out these goals and programs
- Have the Greek GPA exceed the campus GPA
- Explore hosting campus-wide study tables
- Revise Greek Council academic incentives to maximize effect
- Work with chapter academic chairs to raise scholarship
$2,000 for Charity, 2,000 Service Hours & 100% Involvement