ResNet is the residential computer
network found in the residence halls at the University of Pittsburgh at
Bradford. This network provides high speed wired and wireless access to
University related resources including Pitt’s vast collection of library
materials, Courseweb, webmail, and general internet access.
In order to ensure the best quality of service, policies and procedures have been defined that need to be followed by all students who use ResNet. Violation of any policy can result in suspension from ResNet.
- All equipment, including but not limited to the wiring and wall jacks shall not be altered.
- Students may only connect one end user computer device per port.
- Students are not permitted to connect router, switches, hubs or access points to ResNet.
- Students are expressly prohibited from attaching a server to any network connection in the residence halls.
If you are experiencing a problem with your RESNET connection, you can report by visiting help.upb.pitt.edu and selecting the "Technology/Resnet and Wireless" help topic.
Connecting Gaming Consoles and Smart TVs to ResNet:
- Gaming console can now be connected to the wireless network. Please visit pi.tt/gaming for more information.
- Gaming consoles can also be connected via a wired
connection through a laptop. To setup gaming consoles or other devices that do not
support 802.1x please reference the CONNECTION GUIDE or follow the instructions provided at http://connect.pitt.edu
- Attention Mac Users: CTM provides a solution for connecting your gaming console to the network without needing to install Windows. For assistance, please contact CTM at 814-362-7660.
- Our SSID (wireless network) is "WIRELESS-PITTNET"
- "Guest-Wireless-Pittnet" is available for visitors. A guest account can be requested through CTM services at (814) 362-7660 or submitting a request at help.upb.pitt.edu. Guest accounts are good for a maximum of 30 days.
- More information can be found here.
is available from your laptop to one of three University printers. You must be connected to Pitt's wireless or wired network in order to use the printers. To configure
your computer to print to one of these printers, please visit http://www.upb.pitt.edu/upbwifiprint/
If you should have any technical issues
with your computer, you can bring it to CTM Services located in 112 Fisher
Hall. All work is free of charge, however ordering and paying for parts will be
your responsibility. Repairs are done on a first come first serve basis and most
repairs are completed in less than one week but this time frame is not
guaranteed. You can submit a request for repair here.
Cable TV Service:
A cable TV
connection is located in each bedroom and living room. You will need to perform
a channel scan in order to view the campuses cable TV channels. If, after
performing a channel scan, you are still unable to view any TV channels, and
have verified that your TV is QAM
capable, please contact CTM.
Please note the following TV Brands generally do not have QAM:
- Dynex DX-32L151A11
- Emerson LC320EM2F LC401EM2F, WEL2055B
- LG Models prior to 2007
- Magnavox P2MF23ID/37
- RC LED24G45RQ
- Samsung Models Prior to 2009
- Seiki SE34FT01
- Sony Models made prior to 2007
- ToshibaModels made prior to 2007
- Westinghouse DWM32H1G1, DWM32H1Y1, DWM42F2G1, DWM48F1A1, EWM24F1Y1, LTV-27W2
If you have a TV without a QAM tuner, you may rent or purchase a tuner from the book store. Or purchase one of the following tuners from an online retailer:
- iView 3200STB
- iView 3500STB II
- Technicolor DCI 401
- ePVision PHD-208
Copyright Infringement - The entire policy can be viewed here; a summary is below.
- First Offense - Student will have five (5) days to respond and remove the content from their computer.
- Second Offense - Technology Recourses are suspended for up to 100 days/one academic term.
- Third Offense - Technology Recourses Terminated for one academic term and disciplinary suspension (minimum of one term).
- Fourth Offense - Disciplinary Dismissal.