I hope you will join members of the faculty and staff for food, drink and merriment at the annual Holiday Reception, which will be held on Monday, December 20 from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. in the University Room. Please RSVP to Barb Uscinski at firstname.lastname@example.org or 362-7501.
Please make note that the University will close on Thursday, December 24 and reopen on Tuesday, January 4, 2011. This is a well-deserved time off for our faculty and staff, and I wish you an enjoyable break.
We have welcomed new faculty and staff since the Opening Convocation, and their names and positions are listed below.
- Mary Coller, Director of the Academic Advising Center, Registrar’s Office
- Alan Hancock, Online Store Associate, The Panther Shop
- Shawn Murray, Manager of Advancement Operations, Institutional Advancement - Start Date: 12/1/10
- Roxie Vanderpoel, Mail Center Clerk (PT), Mail Center - Start Date: 12/1/10
- Eric Wymer, Research Associate, Center for Rural Health Practice
Faculty and Staff Appreciation Days
Thank you to the faculty and staff who turned out for the luncheon on October 13 to recognize and show appreciation to our faculty and the tremendous job they do with our students. Likewise we will turn the spotlight to the staff for a day during the spring semester to highlight their contributions to making Pitt-Bradford an exceptional place for our students.
Save the Date
Please mark your calendars for a few events which will be upon us soon after we return from the holiday recess:
- Martin Luther King event: We’re Moving On by Dr. C. Anthony Jackson: January 21, 7:30 p.m., Bromeley Family Theater
- Communications and Marketing Brand Party: February 16, 11:30 – 1:00, p.m., University Room
- Staff Appreciation luncheon: TBD
- Spring Holiday: March 11
- Commencement: May 1
Pitt Women’s Basketball
If you are interested in attending a game of the Pitt Women’s Basketball team, please contact Barb Uscinski at email@example.com or 372-7501 to request tickets. I have been provided with a limited number of season tickets and am pleased to be able to share them with our faculty and staff. Check the following link for a schedule of games: http://www.pittsburghpanthers.com/sports/w-baskbl/sched/pitt-w-baskbl-sched.html
Fall Sports Roundup
We can all be extremely proud of our students and coaches for the fall athletic teams’ performances. Highlights are below, and several additional students were named to the first, second and third all conference teams.
- AMCC Regular Season Champions
- AMCC Champions
- NCAA AQ Bid- First round loss
- Jackie Podrasky- AVCA All Regional Honorable Mention, Mid-Atlantic Region
- Player of the Year: Jackie Podrasky
- Coach of the Year: Tina Phillips
- Made AMCC playoffs- lost first round
- Co-Player of the Year: Toby Abdul-Razaq
- Made AMCC playoffs- lost second round
- Made AMCC Playoffs- 3rd place
Men’s Golf- Finished
Men and Women’s Cross Country
- Men finished 5th
- Women- Finished 8th
Emergency Notification Service
If you have not already subscribed to the Emergency Notification Service, please consider doing so. As you may know, the service will enable you to receive voice and text messages in case of an emergency. To subscribe to the service, log in to the my.pitt.edu Web portal and access the Emergency Notification tab in the upper left, add your contact information and hit submit. Also, our Emergency Response Plan is available on our Web site.