Because of the rigor of the nursing program and the number of nursing students, the Director of Nursing & Radiological Science and the Director of the Academic Coaching and Tutoring Center work together to provide integrated services to support and enhance the academic success of the Pitt-Bradford nursing students.
Services provided by the Academic Coaching and Tutoring Center include:
- Individual counseling for academic issues identified by TEA testing and formal faculty referral form. Contact Carma Horner for an appointment.
- Panopto workshops to increase essay writing abilities and study skills
- College Success for Nursing Students – a one credit P/F study skills course delivered to freshman students through referral by nursing department.
- Tutoring for nursing students by senior nursing peer tutors to assist in NCLEX preparation, test anxiety, test taking skills, text book reading skills, how to review specific texts for test questions, and other study issues within the nursing curriculum.
- Anatomy & Physiology I & II weekly test review clinics by peer tutors
- TurboRead is an on-line speed reading and comprehension program. This program can be accessed from the ASC and Nursing lounge computers, and St. Mary’s and Fisher Hall Calc Labs (selected computers).
Services provided by the Nursing Department include:
- Kaplan Diagnostic Exam
- Kaplan NCLEX-RN Complete
- Faculty advising and mentoring
- Educational resources and computers
- Learning Lab with models & equipment