We offer a three tiered program to assist non native English speaking students who are having difficulty with academic English.
Support services include:
- weekly tutoring in Comp 1 & comp 2 with specially trained English tutors
- weekly mentoring in academic English usage with senior education students
- monthly social acculturation events with members of the university community
Further services can include a variety of online tutorials on:
- writing (help and practice with researching, writing, revising, and editing papers)
- grammar (explanations and exercises to help improve grammar usage and editing skills)
- textbook reading (guidance and exercises for textbook reading and vocabulary and subject content comprehension)
- speed reading and comprehension (Turboread) and workbooks for learning grammar and vocabulary
You can self refer or be referred to the program by a professor. Contact Carma Horner for an appointment.