Are you interested in being an engineer? Or learning more about engineering? Do you also want some options? Our two-year program in engineering science will get you started on the road to becoming an engineer. And you’ll get options.
In our program, of course you’ll take engineering courses. You’ll also take courses in chemistry, calculus, physics and English composition.
Then, after you complete our two-year program, you can:
- Relocate to the School of Engineering at the University of Pittsburgh and complete a four-year degree in engineering;
- Relocate to another engineering school and finish a four-year engineering degree;
- Continue your studies on our campus and get a bachelor’s degree in another program;
- Get a job; or
- Use your two-year degree to enhance and advance your career if you already have a job.
What you can do with a degree in Engineering Science. Suggested 2-year plan of study.
In order to be eligible for admission, you must complete 15 high school units including:
- 1 unit of Algebra
- 4 units of English
- 1 unit of Plane Geometry. (A unit refers to one year of study in high school.)
If you're entering the math and engineering programs, are also required to complete a physics course with a laboratory. We encourage you to complete as many college-preparatory courses as possible.