Red Bridge is one of several CCC camps in the Allegheny National Forest.
The Civilian Conservation Corps was established at the height of the great Depression. Young men were inducted in to the Corps to work on Conservation projects on Federal lands like national parks and forests.
Red Bridge began in 1933 and was also used to house German POW's between 1943 and 1946. This area has now reverted to woodland.
The Pitt Bradford school located and mapped the remaining structures and artifacts.
The Allegheny National Forest plans to make an interpretive trail to educate the public about the CCC era.
2002 field school at Red Bridge
CCC camp in Allegheny National