CCC Camp #14 (Willow Creek) Civilian Conservation Corps camp #14 was operational from 1933 through 1935, during the Great Depression, and was one of 15 camps on the Allegheny National Forest.
They were constructed to military specifications, and included long wooden barracks buildings, a mess hall, a recreation hall, a bathhouse (usually on a concrete foundation), electrical generator stations and water towers, supply rooms, garages, office buildings and an officer's quarters.
The Pitt-Bradford students discovered and mapped the remains of these structures and their associated roadways.
ANF archaeologist Jack McLaughlin
wearing a CCC era hat and coat from
the Schultz collection.
The historic Kinzua Viaduct
was destroyed by a tornado in
2003. The torrential rains also
damaged our site.