- Res Halls are closed for our winter break. We will re-open Sunday, Jan. 4 at 10 a.m. (the Dining Room is open for brunch Sunday)
- If you are a new student for Spring 2015 you should have received a letter giving you instructions on how to go on-line to sign up for housing & a meal plan (if you have not received a letter contact Dr. Binder at email@example.com)
- Thank you to the 308 residents that filled out the RA Satisfaction Survey. We will use your input to improve housing this spring
- Have a great break, and we look forward to seeing a record number of spring residents!
In our apartment-style residence halls, you'll have:
- Fully furnished, carpeted (no need for area rugs), spacious living rooms
- Kitchenettes with microwaves
- Kitchen refrigerator
- Shower curtains
- Bathroom trash cans & trash bags
- Recycling container (no-sort weekly recycling at your apartment door)
- Toilet paper
- Light bulbs
- Vacuum cleaner (you check out from your RA)
- Central fire alarm systems
- Full wiring for cable TV (with 100+ channels)
- Direct line and wireless computer network access to Pitt's web-based network
- Plenty of storage space in your apartment for your bike, skis and luggage
- No worries about big deposits and unpredictable bills for heating, telephone, gas and electricity, cable TV, etc.
- Easy access to the library, computer labs, the sports center, great campus activities and events, and all your friends
- Educational and social programming, including late-night events on the weekends
To help you ease into college life, we employ specially trained students as Resident Advisors. These RAs, who are upper-class students, will assist you with your transition to college, welcome back returning students, provide educational programming, and be your "point-of-contact" for any issues in Residence Life. Your RA lives in your section and has all the supplies you will need for your apartment (trash bags, light bulbs, toilet paper, vacuum, etc.).
We also provide:
- Residence Hall Linens Program You can purchase linens that fit our (36X80) beds and other supplies.
- USA Today, The New York Times and The Bradford Era newspapers through the Newspaper Readership Program to help you stay informed.
- RESNET - the university's computer network including wireless in all halls
- Travel & transportation information to help you get around locally and make your trips home