What's New in Res Life?
- Midnight Breakfast this Thursday in the Dining Hall. Doors open at 11 pm until 1 am
- Resident Assistant applications for Fall 2015 are due this Friday, June 30
- For any maintenance concerns, email Dr. Binder (email@example.com)
In our apartment-style residence halls, you'll have:
- Fully furnished, carpeted (no need for area rugs), spacious living rooms
- Window curtains
- Kitchenettes with microwaves
- Full size refrigerator
- Shower curtains
- Bathroom trash cans and trash bags
- Recycling container (no-sort weekly recycling at your apartment door)
- Toilet paper
- Light bulbs
- Vacuum cleaner (check out from your RA)
- Central fire alarm systems
- Full wiring for cable TV (with 100+ channels)
- Direct line and wireless computer network access to Pitt's web-based network
- Plenty of storage space in your apartment for your bike, skis and luggage
- No worries about big deposits and unpredictable bills for heating, telephone, gas and electricity, cable TV, etc.
- Easy access to the library, computer labs, the sports center, campus activities and events, and all your friends
- Educational and social programming
To help you ease into college life, we employ specially trained students as Resident Advisors. These RAs, who are upper-class students, assist students with their transition to college, welcome back returning students, provide educational programming, and are a "point-of-contact" for any issues in Residence Life. Your RA lives in your section and has all the supplies you will need for your apartment (trash bags, light bulbs, toilet paper, vacuum, etc.).
We also provide:
- Residence Hall Linens Program You can purchase linens that fit our (36X80) beds and other supplies.
- USA Today, The New York Times and The Bradford Era newspapers through the Newspaper Readership Program to help you stay informed.
- RESNET - the university's computer network including wireless in all halls
- Travel & transportation information to help you get around locally and make your trips home