What's New in Res Life?
- We have over 100 summer residents! Be sure to check with your RA about their weekly programs & cookouts. Weekly inspections are Monday afternoons
- We're expecting a record number of students again in Housing this Fall!
- Returning students have already signed up for Fall housing. If you are returning student and still need Housing send Dr. Binder (email@example.com) an email ASAP.
- New Freshmen & New Transfers are receiving letters as you are accepted to UPB giving you instructions on how to apply for Fall housing.
- During Beginnings, our summer orientation program in July, new students will be able to let us know who they'd like to room with this Fall.
- All students will be notified of their Housing assignment, along with who they are rooming with, on August 3 (there are no changes until the 3rd week of school)
- Check out our Housing & Meal plan rates. We offer high-quality housing with some of the lowest rates in Pennsylvania.
- For any maintenance concerns, email Dr. Binder (firstname.lastname@example.org) or text him @ 803-566-9051
In our apartment-style residence halls, you'll have:
- Fully furnished (bed, wardrobe, desk & chair)
- Living room furniture (couch & chair)
- Carpeted (no need for area rugs)
- Window curtains
- Kitchenettes with microwaves & refrigerators
- Shower curtains
- Bathroom trash cans & trash bags
- Recycling container (no-sort)
- Toilet paper
- Light bulbs
- Vacuum cleaner (check out from your RA)
- Central fire alarm systems
- Full wiring for cable TV (with 100+ channels)
- Direct line and wireless computer network access to Pitt's web-based network
- Storage closet in the apartment for your bike, skis and luggage
- Housing fees cover all utilities (heating, telephone, electricity, cable TV, etc.)
- Easy access to the library, computer labs, the sports center, campus activities and events, and all your friends
- Educational and social programming
- An undergraduate Resident Assistant who lives in each section (approximately 30 students) to act as a resource and supply items listed above
To help you ease into college life, we employ specially trained students as Resident Advisors. These RAs, who are upper-class students, assist students with their transition to college, welcome back returning students, provide educational programming, and are a "point-of-contact" for any issues in Residence Life. Your RA lives in your section and has all the supplies you will need for your apartment (trash bags, light bulbs, toilet paper, vacuum, etc.).
We also provide:
- Residence Hall Linens Program You can purchase linens that fit our (36X80) beds and other supplies.
- USA Today, The New York Times and TheBradford Era newspapers through the Newspaper Readership Program to help you stay informed.
- RESNET - the university's computer network including wireless in all halls
- Travel & transportation information to help you get around locally and make your trips home
- What should you bring on move-in day? Here are some suggestions.
- Need some ideas on how to deal with your new roommate? Here are some things to keep in mind
- Check out the Residence Life Annual Satisfaction Survey results
- To request a room change contact Emilee Yormick email@example.com Assistant Director of Residence Life
- To request a room repair or maintenance issue contact Ron Binder firstname.lastname@example.org Director Residential Life and Housing.