At Pitt-Bradford, you won't be limited to learning just in a classroom. You'll also have many opportunities to conduct research. You'll work side by side with your professor in many of our academic majors, including biology, criminal justice, mathematics, sociology, chemistry and psychology.
You'll also have opportunities to present your research. Many of our students presented at the Eighth Annual Honors Day, which was held April 9, on campus. Find out who presented what. And, you can read about our students who presented research at this year's Penn-York Undergraduate Research Conference.
Our students have researched:
- Human resources managers in small-town manufacturing facilities and how they're dealing with the economy
- Speaking in tongues in a charismatic church
- Preschool problem solving
- Grandparents raising grandchildren
- Female circumcism
- Biomass fuels and lubricants
- Media impact on prominant social issues
- Sex in advertising
- Navajo healers
And that's just the beginning. You may even get it published in an academic journal. Other students have. Your research opportunities are limited only by your imagination.