Registration Process

  • If you have never attended the University of Pittsburgh at Bradford, or if you wish to be readmitted, you must be accepted and admitted through the Office of Admissions, (814) 362-7555 before you can register for classes.

    After you are admitted, you will be assigned an advisor who will assist you in planning a program of study. You must be officially registered for all classes you attend.

    After meeting with your advisor and obtaining her or his signature on your registration form, you may have the option of processing your registration form either with your advisor or in the Enrollment Services Office.

    Schedule of Classes

    Shortly before registration begins each term, the Schedule of Classes is available in the Enrollment Services Office. You can also find what classes are available and various course descriptions on-line at: Course Catalog and Schedule

    Each class is identified by a five-digit code. This code number is referenced to as the Course Reference Number (CRN).

    Registration And Add/Drop Form Processing

    The Enrollment Form is required to register for classes, or to change your schedule after you register. Both forms can only be obtained from your advisor or the Enrollment Services Office. There is an area at the bottom of the form where you, in consultation with your advisor, should record alternate courses in case classes that you choose are not available.

    The area to the right of the "add course section" on the Add/Drop Form is the "drop course section." Be sure that you drop the correct class when filling in this section.

    Your signature confirms your financial liability for the classes for which you register, as documented on the Registration and Add/Drop Forms.

    The specific beginning and ending dates for both the Registration and Add/Drop periods are published each term in the Schedule of Classes.

    Your advisor's signature is required on both the Registration and Add/Drop Form.

    Class Schedule

    Upon completion of the registration or add/drop process, you will receive a copy of your Registration or Add/Drop Form. This copy is your receipt of the transaction. Please review this copy before you leave your registration site. You may access your class schedule on our student information web site. Changes that you make to your class schedule will appear immediately. You can access your schedule for the last three terms in which you were registered by entering:

    Be prepared to enter your ID and password. For information about setting up your Network Authorization Account so that you can access information on line visit:

    Termination of Registration - Dropping All Classes

    You may drop all of your classes through the last day of the add/drop period by using the Add/Drop Form. If you do so, all of your course-related tuition charges and fees would be cancelled.

    To drop all of your classes after the add/drop period has ended, you must resign through the Student Affairs Office, and your charges may be prorated. You may resign in person, by telephone, or by mail to the Student Affairs Office, 300 Campus Drive, Bradford, PA 16701.

    Course Withdrawal

    To withdraw from a class after the official end of the add/drop period while still enrolled in other classes, you must process a Withdrawal Request Form through the Enrollment Services Office. If approved, the grade "W" will be recorded on your grade report and transcript for that course. "W" grades do not count toward a student's degree, quality point average, and academic progress for purposes of financial aid eligibility. There is no tuition adjustment associated with a course withdrawal. If you wish to drop all of your courses after the end of the add/drop period, you must resign from the term.

    Full-Time vs. Part-Time

    If you are an undergraduate student registered for 12 to 18 credits in the fall and spring terms you are regarded as a full-time student. You are assessed the current "flat" tuition rate for your school. If you are an undergraduate student registered for 11.5 or fewer credits, you are considered part-time, and you are billed on a per-credit basis.

    Undergraduate students are not permitted to register for more than 18 credits, without the permission of the Associate Dean of Academic Affairs.

    Undergraduate students who register for more than 18 credits will be billed on a per-credit basis for each additional credit that exceeds their full "flat" tuition rate.

    You are billed on a per-credit basis in the summer term.

    Class Roster

    Two times a term, a Class Roster is mailed to each of your instructors. If the instructor does not read the names listed on the roster to the class, check with him or her to make sure that your name appears on the roster. If you are attending a class but your name does not appear on the roster, you should come to the Enrollment Services Office immediately. Be prepared to produce a copy of your Registration Form, any Add/Drop Form(s) processed and proof of payment for the term when investigating the problem.

    Such problems are usually the result of recording the wrong course reference number (CRN) on your Registration and Add/Drop Forms. If the problem is resolved, your name will be added to the proper Class Roster and Grade Roster.

    Title IV Refund Policy

    Adjustments to tuition charges resulting from official resignations are based on the effective date of resignation and in accordance with the federally mandated calculation.

    The calculation is based on the period of enrollment completed. That percentage is computed by dividing the total number of calendar days in the term into the number of calendar days completed, as of the date of student notification. The percentage of Title IV assistance to which the student is entitled (has "earned") is equal to this percentage of the term completed, up to 60%. If the resignation occurs after 60% of the term is completed, the percentage is equal to 100%. The amount of Title IV aid which must be returned is based on the percentage of "unearned" aid. That percentage is computed by subtracting earned aid from 100%. The University is required to return the lesser of 1) the unearned aid percentage applied to institutional charges or 2) the unearned aid percentage applied to the total Title IV aid received. The student is required to return the difference between the amount of unearned aid and the amount returned by the University. If the student (or parents in the case of PLUS loans) is required to return a portion or all of their loan proceeds, the calculated amount is to be repaid according to the loan's terms. Funds are returned to the following Title IV sources in order of priority: 1. Unsubsidized Federal Family Education Loans (FFEL) 2. Subsidized Federal Family Education Loans (FFEL) 3. Federal Perkins Loans 4. FFEL PLUS loans 5. Federal Pell Grants 6. Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG) program 7. Other Title IV assistance for which a return of funds is required 8. Other federal, state, private, or institutional financial assistance