The Payroll Office is located in the Control Tower Building on West Washington Street.
Office Hours and Contact Info: Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Jessica Kramer, Payroll Specialist, 814-362-0763 or email@example.com
Sofia Brien, HR & Payroll Administrative Assistant, 814-362-0251 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Effective June 1, 2013, all new employees (including faculty, staff and student workers) will now be required to sign up for direct deposit of their pay when completing payroll paperwork. Employees may have their pay directly deposited into a checking or savings account. This process requires that the employee provide the Payroll Office with a document from their banking institution that contains their name, the account number and the bank routing number (a voided check would contain this information). Deposit slips cannot be accepted.
Effective July 1, 2013, The Human Resources and Payroll Offices will no longer be handling employment verifications for active employees. The university now uses an automated service called The Work Number to verify employment information for lenders, property managers and other employers. The Payroll Office may still handle employment verifications for social services agencies. Instructions on how to obtain an employment verification can be found on the university’s payroll webpage: http://www.cfo.pitt.edu/payroll/empVerification.html#info4.
If your office receives a request for an employment verification, please forward that request to the Payroll Office so that we may give the proper information to the requesting organization. Per university policy, supervisors are not permitted to give employment verifications of any kind.
Timesheets and requests for changes to employee records, other supplemental payments, direct deposit forms, Local Services Tax Exemption Certificates and W-4 forms for March monthly payroll are due in the Bradford Payroll Office by:
Noon Friday, June 14, 2013
• All Summer work-study student workers are to use the white department timesheets to report hours for June payroll. Please note that student workers must record times in and out for each day on the white department timesheets (a copy of a blank department timesheet is attached). SWS student workers are to report actual hours through Friday, June 14th with the ability to estimate hours for Saturday June 15th.
***The account number is now 02.44045.5750.00000.000000.00487.00000.***
***Report for the period of May 16 - June 15th***
• All student workers are to use white department timesheets to report actual hours through Friday, June 14th with the ability to estimate hours for Saturday June 15th. Please note that student workers must record times in and out for each day on the white department timesheets (a copy of a blank department timesheet is attached). Hours must be recorded for a full week on student timesheets. Timesheets must list the account number to be charged, pay rate and be signed by the account administrator. This is the person authorized to approve charges against the account and may not be the person who supervises the student workers.
**** Paychecks and direct deposit advices for resident student workers will be delivered to their campus mailboxes. Student workers who DO NOT live on campus may still pick up their paychecks and direct deposit advices in the Enrollment Services Office on payday and for two business days after payday. Student paychecks and direct deposit advices that are not picked up in the Enrollment Services Office will be mailed to home addresses Wednesday, July 3rd. The June payday is Friday, June 28th. ****
All timesheets completed incorrectly will be sent back with a 24 hour correction deadline. Attached is a completed white department timesheet for reference purposes. Late timesheets will be held for the June pay period. Please contact Sofia Brien 2-0251 with any questions or concerns. Thank you.
Late or incomplete timesheets will be held for May payroll processing.
General Payroll information:
- Questions on the work study program can be directed to Deb Woodley at Ext. 27668.
- Direct deposit forms are now available online.
- Direct deposit forms received in the Bradford Campus Payroll Office by the 15th of the month will be processed for that month. A voided check or other bank document containing the account and routing numbers must be attached to the form after it is completed.
** NOTE: These deadlines allow for processing within the payroll system for all campuses of the university. Requests for payments or timesheets received after deadline will be held for the following month without exception.
NEW faculty, staff or student workers must complete payroll paperwork and provide acceptable forms of identification to satisfy the federal I-9 form on or before their first day of work.