We know that helping your son or daughter find a college that's just right can be challenging. So we're here to answer your questions and calm your fears. You can also download our parent flyer to get even more answers.
1. Financial aidWe know you're concerned about cost. That's why we work hard to help families afford a Pitt-Bradford education by offering many financial aid options, including scholarships, grants, loans, and Federal Work Study.We also offer a wide variety of merit-based scholarships, which are based on your son/daughter's academic success, not financial need. More than 93 percent of our students receive some form of financial aid.
2. A good fitYour son or daughter will be part of our friendly campus and will have many opportunities to get acquainted, make friends and feel part of our campus, including clubs and organizations, athletics, and intramural sports and recreational activities.
3. Student successYour son or daughter's success is important to us. So, we provide several academic resources, including the Academic Advising Center, the Academic Coaching and Tutoring Center, the Writing Center, the Math Center, Disability Resources and Services and TRiO Student Support Services.
4. SafetyWe want your son or daughter to be safe on campus. Our Campus Police Department works round the clock to make sure all of our students stay safe.
5. Real-world experienceYour son or daughter will have many opportunities to get hands-on, real-world experience, whether it's conducting research, participating in an internship or studying abroad. That experience will help them get a great job or admission into a prestigious graduate school, just like it did for many of our students.
6. Job placementWith a diploma from the University of Pittsburgh, which is recognized worldwide, he or she will have an advantage over many graduates. Our alumni are doctors, entrepreneurs, scientists, educators, nurses and law enforcement officers. Ninety-two percent of our graduates are working, in graduate school or both, within six months of graduating.
7. Grad schoolThat Pitt degree will help your son or daughter get into a prestigious school. Our alumni have studied at the University of Pennsylvania, Stanford University, Duquesne University, Johns Hopkins University, Cornell University and the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine.
8. Excellence in teachingWe're a teaching college. The means your son or daughter will be taught by our professors, not by teaching assistants, who will get to know your son or daughter's name, goals and post-graduation plans and will help them achieve them.
9. ReputationFor the 13th consecutive year, The Princeton Review named us one of the best colleges in the Northeast. We were also named a College of Distinction by the college guide of the same name and were recognized as one of the best regional colleges in the United States by The Best Colleges website. And, U.S. News & World Report named us one of the best regional colleges in the North for 2011 and one of the Best Baccalaureate Colleges in the North in 2010 and 2009.
10. Class sizeYou don't want your son or daughter in a class of 300, and that won't happen on our campus. Our classes are small so he/she can get personalized attention. Our average class size is 19.
11. Modern facilitiesYou won't see old, crumbling buildings on our campus. Most of our buildings have been built or renovated in the last 10 years.
So, you can put your son or daughter in our hands. We'll take good care of him or her.
If you have any questions, just give us a call at 800-872-1787 during normal business hours or send us an email anytime at email@example.com. Or, you can post a question on Facebook or Twitter.
Want to stay on top of what's happening on campus?
He's a double major in history/political science & criminal justice.
Does the town embrace Pitt Bradford students?
Don't miss the priority deadline of March 1st.
Learn more »