There may be times during the semester that one of your classes may need to be canceled. Here's what we'll do to keep you notified:
- When possible your professor who canceled the class will email students informing you of the cancelation.
- If the faculty member cannot email students the division secretary will email you.
- Each division secretary will also post a notice on the classroom door to inform students of cancelations.
Please bear in mind that sometimes emergencies or unforeseen circumstances may prevent timely notification --- but all possible efforts will be made to ensure that you are informed in a timely manner.
Some things you can do to make sure you know when a class has been canceled:
- Check your Pitt email before you leave for class
- Check CourseWeb for any possible notifications
- Make sure your contact information is up-to-date in MyPitt.edu
- Register for Pitt's Emergency Notification Service
- Contact a division secretary if you suspect your class may be canceled.