Have you considered starting your own business? Have you always wanted to turn a hobby into a business? Do you need help writing a business plan? Even if you currently own a business we can help you to grow or expand.
The Business Resource Center (BRC) can help you. You'll receive free and confidential services that include:
- developing a business plan
- operational problem solving
- identifying loan and other financial assistance programs
- marketing plan development
Through the center, we provide services to residents, businesses and nonprofit organizations in Cameron, Elk, Forest, McKean, Potter and Warren counties in Pennsylvania, and Cattaraugus, Allegany, and Chautauqua counties in New York.
We also provide the following services:
- Business Plan Development – You will receive a detailed workbook that will lead you, step-by-step, through the process of developing a business plan. Then, you'll meet with our business consultant to review your plan and move forward toward turning your business idea into a reality.
- WEDnetPA – We are a partner in this network and can administer the Guaranteed Free Training Program offered. The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania has created the opportunity for employers to train new and existing employees through the Guaranteed Free Training (GFT) program. This program enables businesses and organizations to receive grant money for either basic skills or information technology training. We will assist you with the application for and administration of state funds concerning this program. To see if your business or organization qualifies for this program, please contact the Director of the Business Resource Center at 814-362-0255.
- NXLevel® - This programs allows us to offer you practical, hands-on business development courses designed to help you advance you skills in starting growing and managing your business. For details on workshops offered call the Business Resource Center at 814-362-5078.
- Small Business Expo - You can attend this one-day event that brings many of the small-business, finance, government, and economic development "player" together in one room on one day to maximize the benefits and opportunities for today's entrepreneus, tomorrow's small-business owner. The event is co-sponsored on an annual basis by State Representative Martin Causer. The next Small Business Expo will be held in May 2009.
- Workshops - We often schedule workshops that confront issues facing the entrepreneur and small-business owner. If you have a need or an idea for a workshop topic or would like to what workshops are currently being offered, complete our Request Information form and join our mailing list.
If you are a previous client of the Business Resource Center, please click on the following link to fill out our Customer Satisfaction Survey.
To learn more, contact us: