Pitt Bradford is home to five fraternities & four sororities, dating back to 1985. Members of fraternities & sororities strive to uphold their founding values of Scholarship, Leadership, Service & Brotherhood/Sisterhood in their everyday lives.
Many students consider participating in one of these groups an important part of their collegiate experience. Currently 11% of our students are members of fraternities and sororities.
Recruitment is a mutual selection process, where potential new members look for a fraternity or sorority to join and where the fraternities and sororities look for new members. Fraternities and sororities at Pitt-Bradford recruit both Fall and Spring semester.
What's New in Greek Life?
- Check out the Fall 2014 Greek Report to see how well our groups adhere to their founding values of Scholarship, Leadership, Service & Brotherhood/Sisterhood
- Greek Week is March 30 - April 4
- Greek Awards are April 4 @ 7 pm in the University room
- Annual composite picture taking is Friday, April 10, 10 am - 6 pm, 202 Commons (your chapter will be emailed with a time)
- Congratulations Phi Beta Chi sorority for having the Highest GPA for Fall 2014. They will receive a $100 check from Greek Council.
- Congratulations Zeta Alpha Chi sorority for having the Most-Improved GPA for Fall 2014. They will receive a $100 check from Greek Council.
- 48% of all U.S. Presidents are Greek
- 42% of U.S. Senators are Greek
- 30% of U.S. Congressmen/women are Greek
- 40% of all U.S. Supreme Court Justices are Greek
- 30% of Fortune 500 Executives are Greek
- 10% of all listed in Who's Who are Greek
- 750,000 undergraduate Greeks currently nationwide
- 9,000,000 total Greek alumni
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Alpha Phi Alpha
- Steven Spielberg, Theta Chi
- Ashton Kutcher, Delta Chi
- Rosa Parks, Alpha Kappa Alpha
- Nick Lachey, Sigma Alpha Epsilon
- Dr. Condoleeza Rice, Alpha Chi Omega
- John Wayne, Sigma Chi
- Dr. Seuss, Sigma Phi Epsilon
Scholarship, Leadership, Service, Brotherhood/Sisterhood