Pitt Bradford is home to five fraternities and four sororities, dating back to 1985. Members of fraternities and sororities strive to uphold their founding values of Scholarship, Leadership, Service & Brotherhood/Sisterhood in their everyday lives.
Many students consider participating in one of these groups an important part of their collegiate experience. Currently 11% of our students are members of fraternities and sororities.
Recruitment is a mutual selection process, where potential new members look for a fraternity or sorority to join and where the fraternities and sororities look for new members. Fraternities and sororities at Pitt-Bradford recruit both Fall and Spring semester. Be sure to attend Club Night on Sept. 9 at 8:30 in the Commons, where all 50 student groups, including all the fraternities and sororities, will be present.
What's New in Greek Life?
- Check out the Spring 2014 Greek Report to see how our groups adhere to their core values of Scholarship, Leadership, Service & Brotherhood/Sisterhood
- Meet the Greeks, an annual Fall tradition, is Tuesday, Sept. 2, 5-7 in the University room. Come meet Pitt Bradford's Greeks!
- Congratulations Phi Beta Chi sorority for having the Highest GPA for Fall 2013. For this they will receive a $100 check from Greek Council.
- Congratulations Lambda Xi sorority for having the Most-Improved GPA for Fall 2013. They will receive a $100 check from Greek Council.
- 48% of all U.S. Presidents are Greek
- 42% of U.S. Senators are Greek
- 30% of U.S. Congressmen/women are Greek
- 40% of all U.S. Supreme Court Justices are Greek
- 30% of Fortune 500 Executives are Greek
- 10% of all listed in Who's Who are Greek
- 750,000 undergraduate Greeks currently nationwide
- 9,000,000 total Greek alumni
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Alpha Phi Alpha
- Steven Spielberg, Theta Chi
- Ashton Kutcher, Delta Chi
- Rosa Parks, Alpha Kappa Alpha
- Nick Lachey, Sigma Alpha Epsilon
- Dr. Condoleeza Rice, Alpha Chi Omega
- John Wayne, Sigma Chi
- Dr. Seuss, Sigma Phi Epsilon
Scholarship, Leadership, Service, Brotherhood/Sisterhood