Director of Athletics and Recreational Sports
Athletics and Recreational Sports
109 Sport and Fitness Center
Degrees and Credentials:
East Stroudsburg University
Lock Haven University
Lori, who is originally from West Chester, PA, has been at Pitt-Bradford since 1998 and oversees all of the university's athletic programs.
Previously, she worked at Wesleyan College in Macon, GA., where she was the athletic director, head volleyball and basketball coach, and faculty /director of health and physical education.
She is a member of several athletic-related associations, including the National Association of Collegiate Women Athletic Administrators and the National Assocication for Division III Athletic Administrators.
In her spare time, she enjoys spending time with family and friends. She also loves to watch sports, cook and travel.
Research, Accomplishments, and Publications:
As athletic director at Pitt-Bradford, Lori:
- completed the transition from NAIA to NCAA Division III
- wrote and received one of eight Strategic Alliance Matching Grants given by the NCAA in 2004 for a coaching/administration position.
- assisted in the design and renovation of the of the baseball, softball and soccer fields, the tennis courts and the $10 million Sport and Fitness Center
- established men's baseball team, and men's and women's swim, men and women’s tennis and women’s bowling teams
- served as chairwoman of the AMCC athletic director council
- hosted AMCC and NCAA championships at Pitt-Bradford
- maintained and complied with Title IX with a grade of A
- implemented and coordinated all local corporate sponsorship and annual fundraising activities
- established an endowment for the athletic department
- serves on various committees within the university and serves on several AMCC and ECAC committees along with the NCAA focus group for Division III and the NCAA Division III Women's Volleyball Committee, and Chair of the Mid-Atlantic Region, Vice Chair of the NCAA Division III Women's Softball Committee and Chair of the East region. NCAA Division III Women's Basketball Great Lakes Regional Committee.
- successfully lobbied to be selected as one of the NCAA Pilot Drug Testing Sites
- worked with alumni and community members to establish the Pitt-Bradford Hall of Fame to honor outstanding student-athletes
- worked with alumni and constituents who designed Pitt-Bradford’s new athletic logo
- created the Panther Athletic Club
- implemented a system to monitor academic progress of student-athletes by providing special assistance and focusing on their educational development and progress. This includes working with faculty, staff and students on a one-to-one and group basis to monitor their academic progress.
- implemented a strategic plan for more full-time staff, from nine to 16 full-time staff members
- implemented a plan to incorporate more opportunities for our student-athletes by increasing our programs from nine to 15 intercollegiate teams
- nearly tripled the student-athlete population, helping to contribute to a significant increase in student enrollment
While working at Wesleyan College, she was named Coach of the Year in central Georgia.