SUNY - Buffalo
SUNY - Buffalo
SUNY - Buffalo
Dr. Lisa Fiorentino has been a member of the nursing faculty at Pitt-Bradford since 1985 and served as Director of Nursing & Radiological Science for 22 years. and currently serves as Director, Center for Rural Health Practice.
As Director of the Center for Rural Health Practice, Dr. Fiorentino identifies rural health issues and collaborates with local communities and faculty and staff, serving as the rural health point of contact within the University of Pittsburgh system to address rural health issues and formulate policy recommendations. Dr. Fiorentino instructs undergraduate nursing education and general education courses, engaged in the development, administration and management of the undergraduate programs in nursing and radiological science, and had oversight of five nursing national accreditations spanning 25 years. She is active in the local-regional community and has worked collaboratively with the University of Pittsburgh, School of Nursing, now spanning more than 25 years, in order to advance the education and practice of nursing in North Western Pennsylvania.
Dr. Fiorentino's training and skills have enabled her to engage in scholarly activities on the impact of culture on client care, and bring other paradigms and perspectives to teaching and students, in their roles as culturally competent providers of care. She is currently engaged in an ethnographic research study exploring the sensory experiences of home and belonging in the places of a rural soup kitchen.
Dr. Fiorentino is an avid figure skater and former ice hockey player-- her favorite teams include the Buffalo Sabres and the Detroit Red Wings and her idols include Bobby Orr, Gilbert Perreault, and Stevie Yzerman.
In addition, she enjoys walking, cycling, snowshoeing, cooking (particularly Italian cuisine), movies (comedy), music (all kinds), Chinese opera, playing the piano, and spending time in New York City. Dr. Fiorentino sailed on the fall 2004 Semester at Sea around the world voyage, traveling to nine different countries during the 100-day trip.
- Upper Allegheny Health System, Board Member
- Bradford Hospital Auxiliary, Board Member; Scholarship Committee, Member
Friendship Table, Board Member
- Northwest PA Area Health Education Center (AHEC), Board Member
- Niagara University Nursing Advisory Council, Member
- Trocaire College Baccalaureate Nursing Advisory Council
- Regional Health Care Network (University of Pittsburgh at Bradford Center for Rural Health Practice & Office of Continuing Education and Regional Development)
- Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (formerly the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission), Program Evaluator for Baccalaureate and Higher Degree Nursing
- American Anthropological Association
- American Nurses Association
- Niagara Falls Skating Academy (formerly Stamford Skating Club)