What is FOCUS?
- Focus-2 is a self-paced, online career and education planning tool. This interactive program helps you determine your interests, values, preferences and skills, and provides suggested career paths and major areas of study that are most compatible with your individual results.
Who should use FOCUS?
- Students at all levels of the career development process, from undeclared students to seniors as well as alumni considering the next step in their career, will benefit from this comprehensive program.
How much time does it take?
We suggest you begin with Self-Assessment. You do not have to complete every section. Select the ones that best meet your needs. You can exit and return to the program at any time. Each section takes 10 to 15 minutes; the whole program takes about 2 hours to complete, although you can spend additional time researching different occupational choices and viewing over 300 career videos.
How can you get started?
What will FOCUS do for you?
- Identify the major areas of study at your school matching your assessment results
- Integrate the results of your interests, personality, values and skills assessment results
- Helps your narrow your results to plan your education and career
When finished, print your completed reports and/or portfolio and make an appointment to meet with the appropriate counselor/advisor below.
Advising Center: Sue Gleason
218 Hanley Library
|TRiO SSS Students:
231 Hanley Library
Career Services: Holly J. Spittler
220 Frame-Westerberg Commons