Welcome to our campus community. Each July we welcome new first year students and their family members for a two-day orientation program just for you called Beginnings.
At Beginnings, you will get to know us better. And, you will get a better idea of what to expect when you arrive in the fall. We have schedules designed just for you and for your parents.
At Beginnings, you will:
- talk with an advisor and confirm your class schedule for the fall
- meet some of the professors, staff and administrators
- hang out with some of your fellow students
- stay overnight in one of our residence halls
- eat in our dining hall and get a taste of home cookin' that doesn't come from home
- learn more about our academic programs
- discover all there is to do when classes are finished (and your homework is done)
- talk with a coach if you're planning on playing a sport
- find out where you can get help with your classes if you need it
- receive information about financial aid
- get a chance to pick-up some Pitt-Bradford stuff -- T-shirts, sweatshirts, hats, socks
Two different sessions are held each year. The dates for Beginnings are in July. The dates you are scheduled to attend are based on your major. That way, you can meet other students who have the same major and will be in some -- maybe many -- of your classes.
But in the meantime get connected to what's happening on campus.
And join your new classmates in a Facebook group set up by new students to share information. Just go to facebook.com and search for "University of Pittsburgh at Bradford - Your Class!"
If you need additional information or if you have any questions just let us know. Call us at 814-362-7630 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
And we also have information for your parents.