Want to do better in a class? Learn to study smarter not harder? Take better notes in class? The Academic Coaching and Tutoring Center can help. It's open to students of all cultures, abilities, backgrounds and identities. And, it's free.
- Tutoring and review sessions
- You can receive tutoring from a fellow student who excels in the subject he or she is tutoring and has been trained and certified through the International College Reading and Learning Association.
- Academic coaching and workshops
- We’ll get to know your learning styles, study habits and difficulties so we can help you succeed. We’ll help you build your confidence and connect you to valuable resources.
- In self-management, skill-building workshops, you’ll learn motivation, discipline, transition, communication, study- and test-taking skills, and time and energy management.
- Professionalism and training
- We encourage our peer tutors to go beyond the required basic level of training to complete advanced and master levels. Tutors are also compensated and recognized for their efforts in several ways.
We are located on the 2nd Floor of the Hanley Library in Room 249 or contact us at 814-362-5117.
The ACTC is open:
Monday – Thursday 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Friday 9 a.m. - 5p.m.
Angie Wolfe - Coordinator
224B Hanley Library, 814-362-7674
Judy Cameron - Administrative Assistant
218 Hanley Library, 814-362-7533
UPB Peer Tutors
249 Hanley Library, 814-362-5117
Make an appointment with the Academic Coaching and Tutoring Center (ACTC).
Video on how to use TutorTrac