If you're a nursing student, Army ROTC can give you a college experience unlike anything your peers will have. Army ROTC offers nursing students the opportunity to develop leadership skills while gaining real-life nursing experiences before and after graduation. As a nursing cadet you will be able to develop your skills as a nurse and a leader. ROTC combines your nursing studies and military science with an invaluable nurse summer training experience in order to hone your skills for success in both the Army and civilian sectors.
The benefits of being a nursing cadet:
- Financial aid in the form of two-, three- or four-year scholarship that covers: 100% tuition, a $1,200 yearly book allowance, and a tax-free monthly stipend
- A paid nursing Internship at a military hospital with the Army’s Nurse Summer Training Program
- The confidence you'll need to be successful at any future career
After graduation Army nurses enjoy:
- Competitive pay rates, along with housing and basic cost-of-living allowances
- Regular promotions and pay raises
- Up 30 days of leave a year
- Specialized training in ICU, preoperative, psychiatric and OB-GYN nursing
- Additional scholarship opportunities for graduate-level nursing studies
- Free medical and dental benefits
For more information, complete our Request More Information. You will be contacted by an Army officer who will discuss your career goals and suggest different opportunities ROTC has for you.